Nicol Sayre's art is reminiscent of a by-gone-era when much pride was taken in creating things by hand. Each doll and figure is a one-of-a-kind creation. Sometimes Nicol follows a certain theme but each doll has a different expression and vintage elements which give them their unique personality.
Nicol has a passion for antique dolls, toys and sewing and household implements. It is from these collections that she draws her inspiration.
The mid-1800's is Nicol's favorite time period and her dolls reflect the styles and colors of this era.
The handwork in Nicol's art is intentionally evident, from handstitched hems to a thumbprint in a sculpted figure. She likes to imagine the pioneers who may have admired dolls and toys in shop windows and then set out to create their own entirely from materials at hand.
April 27, 2013
Northern CA Doll and Teddy Show
June 1-2, 2013
Remnants of the Past
San Luis Obispo, CA
End of August (exact date pending )
Halloween Open House
September 7, 2013
9:00 - 3:00
American Folk Art Festival
Madonna Estate Winery - 5400 Old Sonoma Rd.
September 28, 2013
8:00 - 4:00
You can visit my shopping blog and purchase items there. Please click on the following link to be redirected.
Nicol Sayre Shop
Nicol's Designs have been mentioned in the following publications:
- Where Women Create - Book of Organization -2012
- Where Women Create - Book of Inspiration -2010
- Crowns and Tiaras Book - 2007
- Better Homes & Garden Santa Claus Collecting - 2003
- Where Women Create - Fall 2009
- Art Doll Quarterly - Spring 2009
- Country Living - March 2007
- Artful Blogging Magazine - 2007
- Better Homes & Garden - Halloween 2004
- Country Living - October 2004
- Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion - Oct/Nov 2004
- Better Homes & Garden (BHG) Holiday Decorating 2003
- Simple Creative Weddings
- Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion Artists Workshop - Oct/Nov 2001
- Country Home - January 2000
- CThe Cloth Doll Magazine
- Holly Berry Hill Catalog
- Prims magazine -4 issues 2010-2011
Nicol has also made a doll head for a prop in the movie "Pirates of the Caribbean 2".
You can see it under a glass dome behind the voodoo queen.
Nicol is proud to announce that her designs are now licensed with ESC Trading Company. She is so happy to provide her customers with great design at a good value.
For wholesale inquires, please contact:
ESC Trading Company Phone: 614.794.0568
For inquiries or to simply say hello I'm easy to reach. Email or fill out my simple contact on the right. To stay up to date, please scroll down to join my mailing list below.
- P.O. Box 11394,
Pleasanton, CA 94566
- E-mail: NicolSayre@comcast.net
- P.O. Box 11394,